Wednesday, July 24, 2024

• The Story of Rumpelstiltskin


Rumpelstiltskin

Once upon a time, there was a miller who loved to brag. He would say anything to impress people and make them go "ooh!" and "ahh!"

One day, the King rode through the miller's village. The miller saw his chance to impress the King. He bowed deeply and said, "Your Majesty, my daughter can spin straw into gold."

The King was intrigued. "Bring your daughter to my palace tonight," he commanded.

The miller's daughter was very worried. She didn’t know how to spin straw into gold! But she had to go to the palace.

That night, the King led her to a room filled with straw and a spinning wheel. "Spin all this straw into gold by morning, or you will die," he ordered and locked the door.

The girl was in despair. Suddenly, a little man appeared. "I can help you," he said. "What will you give me in return?"

"I have nothing but my necklace," she replied. The little man agreed, took the necklace, and spun the straw into gold.

In the morning, the King was amazed. But he was greedy and wanted more. He brought her to a bigger room filled with straw and ordered her to spin it all into gold by morning.

Again, the little man appeared. This time, he asked for her ring. The girl gave him her ring, and he spun the straw into gold.

The King was delighted. But still, he wanted more gold. He took her to an even larger room filled with straw and said, "Spin all this straw into gold by morning, and you shall marry my son."

The girl was very sad. She had nothing left to give the little man. When he appeared, he said, "Promise me your first-born child when you become queen, and I will spin the straw into gold."

In her desperation, the girl agreed. The little man spun all the straw into gold.

The next morning, the King was overjoyed and kept his promise. The miller's daughter married the prince and became queen.

A year later, the queen had a baby. The little man appeared and demanded the child. The queen was heartbroken and offered him all the riches of the kingdom, but he refused.

"Find out my name in three days, and you can keep your child," the little man said.

The queen sent out messengers to collect every name in the kingdom. On the third day, one of her messengers overheard the little man singing in the forest:

"Today I brew, tomorrow I bake, then the child I shall take. The queen will never win the game, for Rumpelstiltskin is my name!"

That night, the little man appeared. The queen said, "Is your name Rumpelstiltskin?"

The little man was furious. He stamped his foot so hard that he fell through the floor and disappeared, never to be seen again.

The queen and her family lived happily ever after.

Source of photos: 1

 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment