Sunday, August 11, 2024

• The Ant and the Grasshopper

Prepare Well

One warm and sunny summer day, a Grasshopper spent his time happily dancing, singing, and playing his violin. He enjoyed the beautiful weather, not thinking about the cold and rainy days that were on their way.

As the Grasshopper was having fun, he noticed a hardworking Ant passing by, busy preparing for the upcoming winter. The Grasshopper called out to the Ant and asked him to stop and join him in his fun.

But the Ant replied, "I’m sorry, I don’t have time for that. I need to work hard now so that when winter comes, I will have enough food and a safe place to stay."

The Grasshopper laughed and said, "Why worry so much? There’s still plenty of time before winter arrives. Come on, let’s sing and dance together!"

But the Ant was wise. He ignored the Grasshopper’s invitation and continued to work hard, gathering food and getting ready for the long winter ahead.

Soon, winter came faster than the Grasshopper had expected. The weather turned cold, and snow began to fall. The Grasshopper found himself without any food or a place to stay. He was hungry and cold, so he went to the Ant’s house and asked for help.

The Ant kindly but firmly replied, "I’m sorry, but I only have enough food and space for me and my family. You’ll need to find help somewhere else."

The Grasshopper felt very sad and thought to himself, "I should have listened to the Ant and prepared for winter. If I had, I would be safe and warm now."

“It's important to work and prepare for tough times before they arrive.”

Source of picture: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment