Sunday, August 18, 2024

• The Stag at the River


“Things aren’t always what they seem."

One hot day, a stag went to a river to drink some water. When he saw his reflection in the water, he thought his horns were beautiful and impressive.

 “My horns are so amazing! I’m so proud of them,” he said happily. But when he looked at his legs, he felt very sad. “My legs are too short and thin. If only they were as amazing as my horns, I would be so happy,” he sighed.

While he was thinking about this, a lion suddenly appeared. The stag quickly tried to run away, but his big horns got stuck in the branches of the trees. The lion easily caught him.

The stag realized, "I can’t believe the horns I was so proud of led to my downfall, while the legs I didn’t like could have saved me. Things aren’t always what they seem."

Sometimes, we don’t value the most important things and appreciate the wrong ones instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment