Tuesday, August 27, 2024

• The Dog and the Wolf

Freedom

One sunny day, a hungry wolf was walking through the countryside, looking for something to eat. Near a village, he saw a dog that looked very healthy and happy. The wolf felt a bit jealous and asked the dog, "Why do you look so healthy and happy?"

The dog replied, "I live with people who give me food and a nice place to sleep. In return, I protect their house."

The wolf thought that sounded like a good life and said, "Maybe I can live with you and have an easy life too?"

The dog said, "Sure! Come with me, and I'll introduce you to my owner."

As they walked together, the wolf noticed a mark around the dog's neck and asked, "What is that mark on your neck?"

The dog explained, "Oh, that's from my collar. My owner ties me up during the day and lets me go at night to guard the house."

The wolf stopped and thought for a moment. "So, you can't go wherever you want?" he asked.

The dog nodded, "That's right, but I get food and a warm place to sleep."

After thinking about it, the wolf made a decision. "Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather be free and find my own food than have an easy life but no freedom."

With that, the wolf turned around and ran back into the forest.



No comments:

Post a Comment